Tuesday, December 1, 2009

246/365 Thanksgiving traditions


I'm one of those people who vehemently believes that Christmas music should not be played nor decorations unboxed until the day after Thanksgiving.

12:01 Friday morning? Christmas is on!

I believe this because Thanksgiving is a lovely holiday that deserves to be celebrated on its own, not merely as the holiday that kicks off the Christmas season.

My family's Thanksgiving celebrations have become very low-key over the years. When my paternal grandparents were still around, we drove to Michigan to celebrate the holiday with them and my aunt and uncle. My grandparents have both passed away, so we now observe the holiday in a very chill style, among just the four of us at home.

One practice that has humorously become tradition is this: we must watch the National Dog Show on NBC. It's usually on right after the parade, and as a dog lover, I find it really fun to watch.

Of course, we root for the Bichon. Buster does, too.

We had a great meal in the evening this year and watched a movie together after dessert.

Now? Time for Christmas!

Camera: Canon 40D with 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment