Friday, December 4, 2009

249/365 Holiday music


It's not Christmas without piano music in my family.

I have memories from my earliest years of singing "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer," "Frosty, the Snowman," "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," etcetera etcetera etcetera, standing by the piano while Mom played.

When I got old enough and began taking lessons from her, I started playing the songs as well. (Though I cannot play while people sing, so I leave that to her and just play for my own enjoyment.)

Several years ago, we got a four-hand duet book and started playing Christmas songs together. Even when the music is simple, it's challenging (for me, not for her) to play alongside someone else. We laughed when we both subconsciously started swaying back and forth on the bench while we played "White Christmas."

I pulled out some of the Christmas song books last weekend and started warming my fingers up.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 640

No comments:

Post a Comment