Sunday, November 29, 2009

242/365 Waving grasses


I spent the day after our return from Chicago utterly exhausted. I honestly felt as sluggish as if I'd been drugged, though I know it was just the relaxation of being home, after walking miles (and trekking through hours of shopping) in a relatively unfamiliar city for several days.

I could barely keep my eyes open, and I didn't venture outside for my photo of the day until close to sunset.

This is the top of some (now dried) ornamental grasses. They remind me a bit of the tassel of a corn stalk, but finer and more delicate. They flutter in the slightest of breezes, but the day was lovely and the breeze was calm -- meaning they held still enough for me to capture.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/250s, f/2.8 at ISO 100 at about 4:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment