Wednesday, November 11, 2009

227/365 Clint Black in concert



In a very unusual move, I went to my second concert in one year last Friday: Clint Black at Clowes Memorial Hall!

While Keith Urban is one of my favorite country artists, Clint Black is one of Mom's. I like him a lot, too, so it didn't take much convincing at all to get me interested in getting tickets for this show.


I bought our tickets on the first day they went on sale, and as a former usher at this venue, I knew what seats to ask for. We ended up in the center of the 12th row -- close enough to see every expression on his face.


The acoustics in Clowes Hall are fine-tuned for operatic performances, so the sound quality is really excellent. He performed without an opening act, and we got to hear many of his number-one songs. What really amazed me was how talented a musician he is. Not only does he write his own music and play the guitar, but he's also amazing with a harmonica and proficient on drums.

Mom and I were both impressed and really enjoyed the concert.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000

No comments:

Post a Comment