Wednesday, November 18, 2009

232/365 Curly CFL


I've photographed incandescent light bulbs for this blog before, but this is my first of the compact fluorescent variety.

I like the ethereal, soft quality of how this is lit. Were it turned on, we know it would be a little different, but I like the way the light plays on it here.

To be honest, I try to be conscious of my energy consumption, buying more of these CFL bulbs instead of incandescent -- but I'm not impressed. I feel like they really begin to lose their luster quickly, beginning to fizzle and weaken very soon after I start using them.

At least with an incandescent, it burns brightly until the moment the filament pops. Its death is quick. CFLs die a slow death.

I just hope it improves in the next few years. I hate to see anything suffer.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment