Thursday, November 5, 2009

221/365 Happy Halloween!


I spent my Halloween a little differently than I originally planned (leaving me with a whole bag of Tootsie Rolls to myself and the neighborhood kids a little deprived), and I had a lot of fun.

Plus, I had an excuse to dress up. I rarely pass up those opportunities.

Instead of answering the door for Trick-or-Treaters at my own house, I dressed up and spent the evening with friends. A small group of us gathered, donned a costume, handed out candy, had dinner, and played Euchre.

I pulled out all my best 1980s garb, applied blue eyeshadow and frosty pink lipstick, and tried (and failed) to tease my bangs in curled '80s style. Apparently I don't possess teasing skills, because I just couldn't get it to work. I don't know how they did it. Instead, I ended up with silky, lovely curls at one of the only times in my life I will ever not want just that.

My costumed friends dressed in a Japanese kimono, silk dress from China (quite the multi-cultural couple!), and (not pictured) as Michael Phelps. The Phelps getup was truly creative, complete with a swim cap, American flag worn as a cape, "medals" around his neck (one of which was actually a compass on a ribbon), and, of course, a faux marijuana joint.

It was probably the best Halloween I've had in quite a while. I'm just shocked that it's now November.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 with flash

No comments:

Post a Comment