Sunday, September 27, 2009

188/365 Words as art

I've always loved applications of words as art. I think it ties to my enjoyment of both reading and writing.

Silver in the City is a great little store in Indianapolis, on Mass Ave, that sells an ever-changing unique selection of home and personal merchandise. A lot of it is hand-made by local artists. One thing I've been lusting over since early spring was a wall of scripted words made from twisted metal.

I finally got a chance to buy myself a script word in August. My order had to be custom made, so I received it a couple weeks ago, and I can't wait to hang it up.

I plan to make it part of a collage-type wall of decor that also includes a variety of my framed photos.

The word I chose for my wall: imagine.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/60s, f/2.8 at ISO 640 under overhead incandescent lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment