Wednesday, September 2, 2009

164/365 Deceiving peaches

Fresh peaches have to be one of my favorite kinds of fruit. But the window of opportunity for finding them when they're in their prime is pretty narrow.

I had a handful of really good peaches a week or so ago, but when I went back to the same grocery store and bought more, I was too late.

They look deceivingly good on the outside, but they're going bad from the inside out.

I hate when that happens!

Each one I've sliced has been overly soft in the middle, not wanting to separate from the pit, with even some rotting spots starting to radiate out from the core of the fruit. It's not an appetizing sight.

At least they looked nice enough for a day's photo.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 400

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't a huge fan of fresh peaches, and then I came to NC. I got in the habit of going to the state farmers market and buying a couple baskets off the back of a pickup. I'd wash 3-4 in the drinking fountain knowing that I'd eat them on the 25-min drive home. Now I'm addicted... and I'm going this weekend! :-D
    PS - I think there are maybe only 1 or 2 other angles you could have gotten on that peach to make it look more yonic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can get some amazing peaches in the southern states! I'm jealous!

    And yes, peaches are a tricky subject to photograph...

    ReplyDelete