Tuesday, September 15, 2009

176/365 Getting back that motivation

I decided last weekend that I need to invest in a treadmill.

I started walking/jogging/running on a treadmill while I was in junior high or high school. I'd come home from school, have a snack, then hop on the machine and watch (are you ready for it?) Happy Days.

Yep, that's right.

Over the years, the television show selection has changed and evolved, a list which to this point has included Smallville, Friends, Sex and the City, Gilmore Girls, and trial episodes of and The Sopranos and Big Love, to name a few.

That afternoon/evening workout has become a treasured part of my day. If work has been tough, that 30-60 minutes of escape accompanied by a workout can soften many frayed emotions. If it's been a fantastic day, getting my heart rate up and having a good laugh at the expense of Chandler or Carrie is icing on the cake.

For the last two months, since moving, my access to that escape became limited. I tried working out at the gym while listening to podcasts. It's fine, but it feels more like a chore than an escape. And it's not motivating.

So this week I measured my space, rearranged my office, and I've made room for my own treadmill!

I have a list of TV shows on DVD that I'm just itching to check out.

Side note for clarification: If you were a little unsure of the subject of this photo, it's a tape measure!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/60s, f/2.8 at ISO 1000 in the lighting from a single CFL bulb.

No comments:

Post a Comment