Monday, December 22, 2008

275/365 Family Christmas

We don't have a huge family, but it's big enough that gathering everyone at one table in any given house presents a challenge.

This year we hosted the family Christmas gathering, so we borrowed two 8-foot tables and kicked our regular table to the garage for the day. We were able to fit 14 people cozily around the new configuration.

I only have two cousins -- between both sides of the family -- so comparatively, our family is on the smaller side. I can hardly fathom what it would be like to have oodles of cousins.

My grandmother on my dad's side was one of fifteen children, so when all of them had kids, that made an especially big family. I can't imagine having fourteen brothers and sisters. Throw in three more people, and you not only have one baseball team, you have an entire game.

One brother is plenty for me!

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/60s, f/6.3 at ISO 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment