Tuesday, December 16, 2008

269/365 Curling ribbon

I enjoy wrapping gifts -- so long as it's not for too many hours at a time.

When I was a teenager, I made a little extra money at Christmas by wrapping gifts for a woman who went to our church. She would pile her kitchen table high with all of her gifts, tape the recipient's name to the outside, provide plenty of paper and tape, and leave me for a few hours.

All I did was the paper -- no bows, ribbons, decorations -- just the basics. Then at the end of the day, she'd pay me for my time, and we'd both be happy.

I generally don't do much with fancy bows, but I do love curling ribbon.

As a kid, I longed to be able to curl the ribbon with a swift swipe of scissors just like Mom did. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but ever since then, I've loved piling on the curling ribbon.

Maybe it's for that reason that I really like this photo.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment