Friday, December 19, 2008

271/365 Movin' on up

As of Wednesday at 5:00 p.m., I closed one chapter of my life and am opening a new one: I got a new job!

My last day was Wednesday, so I said my goodbyes, cleaned out my desk, boxed up my picture frames, and rubber-banded my Sharpies for transport home.

This was my first job out of college, and I stuck with it for more than two and a half years. That fact alone feels like a huge accomplishment, because the majority of college graduates I know only stay in their first jobs for about a year or so.

I really believe the era has passed, and I think most people would agree, when your assumption was that you would find a job and stay there for 30 years, safe in the knowledge that the company would take care of you.

Yep, that doesn't sound very likely anymore.

Nowadays, if you don't find the opportunities to advance your career in one company, then it's time to move on.

And that's what I've done.

I'm taking two and a half weeks off between finishing this job and starting my new one, so it's my first real Christmas break since college. I have all kinds of fun activities lined up, so hopefully I'll have some great photo opportunities while I'm at it.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/250s, f/2.8 at ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment