Friday, December 5, 2008

258/365 Break out the Christmas music

I have a hard-and-fast rule when it comes to Christmas music: absolutely none until the day after Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is a perfectly great holiday that deserves to be celebrated for what it is -- not just the start of the Christmas season.

But the morning after our Thanksgiving meals have settled in our stomachs? Bring on the Christmas music!

The house is now regularly filled with piano music for the season, mainly played by Mom, but I'll dust off my rusty fingers, too. I've played the piano for years, but I've gotten out of the habit of doing it regularly. I really need to get back into it.

Mom and I have a few four-hand duet books that require us to sit side by side and play together. It's one of my favorite things to do in the evenings during this time of year.

Last night, I left the playing to her, and I photographed her while she did.

Camera: Canon 40D with external E-TTL flash, 2s, f/11 at ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment