Sunday, December 7, 2008

260/365 Holiday baking

A friend of mine threw a holiday cookie exchange party, so last night, in preparation, I needed to prepare 6 1/2 dozen cookies.

I chose to bake peppermint meringues, which aren't really a traditional cookie, but that's the closest category for them. They've become a family favorite over the years, and they've become my sort of specialty because of my ability to artfully wield a pastry bag.

(Courtesy of a year doing cake decorating in 4-H.)

Each person at the party packaged 11 individual half dozens of their cookies for everyone to take home, and a dozen for taste-testing at the party. Tasting 11 different cookies is a LOT in one sitting, and I don't know that anyone actually did it, but I tried about four or five. Yum!

Camera: Canon 40D with external E-TTL flash, 1/125s, f/5.6 at ISO 100, flash bounced off the ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment