Wednesday, November 19, 2008

249/365 Silhouette sunset

What is it about sunrises and sunsets that captivate us?

I'm obviously captivated by all things meteorological, which includes the rising and setting of the sun. One of the items on my list of Things to Do Before I Die is to see the Northern Lights (Or Southern, for that matter. I'm not picky.), yet another sky-related phenomena.

Until then, I'll have to do with beautiful Indiana sunsets. When it comes to sunset photos, I always like it when they include a silhouetted object. I like having the foreground sharp but without real detail.

That's what inspired me to make this photo on my drive home from work last night. The barren trees aren't as obviously beautiful as when they still have their leaves, but this winter I'm going to try to be creative and find ways to make them so.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 5:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment