Friday, November 14, 2008

244/365 The company or the eggs?

Lately I've been having scrambled eggs and an English muffin for breakfast.

At first, the scent of the eggs and sound of me cooking roused Buster from his warm, cozy bed. He'd stumble into the kitchen, squinting a little under the fluorescent light, fur on one side of his head smooshed in.

I'd scrape off what was left on the skillet when I was done cooking, and he'd eagerly wag his tail next to his bowl to wait for just a few crumbs.

But in the last couple weeks, he's stopped getting up.

Is it because I don't fix them the way he prefers? (Doubt it, he's not picky about things like eggs, broccoli, cheese...) Is it because he's too comfortable in bed? Is it because I hardly give him any at all, making it not really worth it to get up? (Does he really reason like that?) Is it because he's so asleep he doesn't hear me or smell breakfast?

It makes me curious, whatever the reason actually is. I liked getting to say hello to him so early, even if his motivations were related to food and not my company.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/250s, f/2.8 at ISO 100, with the flash bounced off the refrigerator to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment