Tuesday, November 4, 2008

234/365 Star trails

April 2008 was the last time I did a night sky photo, and I haven't made any of these photos with my 40D. Last night I set up my camera and ran back and forth from the camera outside to Dancing with the Stars inside.

I must say, the 40D quality is vastly superior to the Rebel! The results are crisper and I'm not combating hot pixels.

As I do more of these, I want to concentrate on varying my foreground subjects. I did that here by placing tree branches in the frame, instead of just anchoring the bottom with a more landscape-type scene.

Photographing star trails, and seeing how much the earth revolves in just a matter of minutes, makes me feel very small. It makes me think about how much is out there in the universe, and how we're only on this little speck of a planet in comparison.

Fascinating.

Camera: Canon 40D, shutter speed 17.25 minutes, f/11 at ISO 100 between 7:45 and 8:15 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment