Wednesday, October 1, 2008

199/365 Speed reading

I'm participating in a book club for the first time, and for the first meeting, I fell into one of my old bad habits: I let time get away from me.

I took a lot of English/literature courses in college, and it always seemed like I was having to speed-read at the end to try to finish the book in time. Apparently being out of college for more than two years hasn't healed the problem, because it happened again. When you have two weeks to read the book, it's easy to say, "Eh, it won't take me that long, I have plenty of time." But then the weekend before it's due, you realize, "Hang on a minute. I have class Saturday morning, then a tickets to a play on Sunday, I won't get home until after 7:00 on Monday, and I have an appointment after work on Tuesday... How am I going to get this done?"

So I've been cramming for the last two days. 48 hours before our first meeting, as you can see, I was only halfway through the book.

I promise to do better next time. Seriously.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash bounced off the ceiling, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment