Sunday, October 26, 2008

225/365 Getting back to sewing

After an incredibly busy summer, Mom is excited to get back to her sewing machine (and I have to say I'm excited for her to get back to it, too).

We spent the afternoon yesterday in her quilt shop. I traced new patterns out of our Burda WOF magazines, and she quilted and sewed.

After she's done with this dress, the next project will be a sheath dress (my favorite style), a knit wrap top and a knee-length jacket.

She constantly urges me to become a sewer, but I just haven't been bitten by that bug yet. I've made small projects, one quilt, and other odds and ends, but the desire to really learn hasn't quite snagged me.

It wouldn't surprise me if it does eventually -- Mom insists it will happen when I have kids.

Until then, I really enjoy being with her while she sews, and I like getting patterns ready and collaborating on design details. Is that so wrong?

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4.5 at ISO 1000 in mixed lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment