Saturday, October 11, 2008

209/365 Please don't litter

On my way to Darkroom class on Thursday evening, I stopped at a park on Indy's west side to eat a quick ham sandwich dinner. As I was eating in my car, I noticed a bunch of ducks and geese near or on the shore of the pond, so I paused my dinner and grabbed my camera.

This was one of the first photos I got, and I love it. It feels calm, serene, peaceful...

The aggravating thing is that I had to crop out a pop bottle that was floating to the right of the duck. Seriously, people, there are trash cans everywhere -- hold on to the bottle just a little longer instead of tossing it in the pond.

Seeing things like that drives me nuts. I hate driving behind a smoker who tosses their still-burning cigarette butt out the window, or the kid who balls up his hamburger wrapper and gives it a sharp fling.

Is it just laziness? Arrogance? Contempt for the system? Thumbing your nose at the world? You'd think by now, after decades of environmental awareness and preservation that people would stop littering like that.

Seriously.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 5:45 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment