Saturday, October 18, 2008

217/365 Apple season

The fall festival at the orchard concluded, and we finally have a replenished apple supply.

These are Ida Reds, Mom's favorite, and they're huge! Each one is about the size of a large softball. They're excellent apples for cooking, so she made apple crisp for dessert last night... heavenly.

My favorites are Galas. They're smaller, and their color is more red and yellow than red and green, like the Ida Reds.

I take some kind of fruit with me to work every day as a mid-morning snack, so an apple has been my latest fruit of choice. The only problem is when they're good and juicy, I can't really sit it down anywhere while I'm working, so I have to pause what I'm doing.

Well, maybe that's actually not such a bad thing.

Camera: Canon 40D, lit by a single fluorescent bulb, 1/60s, f/4.5 at ISO 1250.

No comments:

Post a Comment