Sunday, October 5, 2008

202/365 Changing light

I can really tell that the light is changing with the new season. In one specific instance, when I get to work and walk from the parking lot to the front door, I can hardly keep my eyes facing forward because of the shining sun.

I notice it at mid-day, too, during lunch. Whenever the weather is nice, I eat lunch outside. It gives me a little fresh air (well, as fresh as it can be in Indianapolis next to the interstate) and a break from the building. If I'm by myself for lunch, I'll often sit in my car -- and I can judge the changing light by where it strikes my cup holders in the center console.

The flower pots in this photo hang outside the front door at work. On Thursday morning, as I was striving to finish my roll of film for Darkroom class that evening, I noticed that these flower pots actually allowed me to raise my eyes as I walked to the door.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 8:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment