Thursday, October 23, 2008

222/365 Yearning for perfect vision

I used to desperately want to wear glasses.

I confess -- in second grade, when they tested our vision at school, I crossed my eyes a bit to make the image fuzzy. So, of course, when my answers were off, the nurse wrote a note to my parents advising them to make an appointment with an optometrist.

Don't worry, I was a good girl THAT time and didn't cross my eyes. And luckily for my parents, I really did need glasses, so I wasn't a total liar.

My first glasses were bright red, wire-rimmed and spanned my face from nearly my cheekbones to my eyebrows. (It was the early 1990s, so I wasn't a total nerd. Those babies were in style!)

Now I just wish I had perfect vision. And finally, after years of waiting for my vision to stop worsening, I have the green light from my optometrist (the same one) for Lasik surgery.

I have my first consultation at the surgeon's next week, then I come back to my optometrist for another evaluation with him, and I keep my fingers crossed extra tightly for a final 100% a-okay on the surgery.

To not have to mess with dry eyes... contacts... glasses... I can't even imagine how great it will be!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 1000 in incandescent lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment