Sunday, October 5, 2008

203/365 High school Homecoming

In high school, few things are more exciting than Homecoming.

My particular high school lived, ate and breathed football. I didn't. But I always went to Homecoming.

Each class decorated t-shirts for the event with puff paint and lots of blue and gold glitter. We decorated floats for the parade, had themed dress-up days during the week, and some went so far as to paint their faces for the game.

Some schools have formal dances to celebrate the event. Ours? Head inside to the cafeteria after the game, shed your sweatshirts, and just dance.

As I was passing the school on my way home from the gym on Friday, I took a detour through the packed parking lot to view the festivities. The game had just started, so people were still pouring in through the gates, and when I rolled my windows down, I could just hear the cheerleaders.

Next year I should plan ahead, go to the game, and get some shots from inside the fence... instead of just from inside my car.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 7:15 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment