Wednesday, October 29, 2008

228/365 Bromeliads

I support the designers who put fountains inside office buildings, though I think if I sat near one all day it would be like a sound machine and make me sleepy.

I had my Lasik consultation yesterday morning, and this bromeliad was one of several that surrounded a fountain outside the door to the suite.

And, after a positive round of tests and measurements, the doctors determined that I'm a great candidate for the surgery! I'm scheduled to have it on November 20 -- just over three weeks from now.

They mapped my corneas, scanned the cells in my eyes, tested my prescription, determined the thickness of my corneas... and all is good news. I can't believe it's finally happening.

I have to wear my glasses all the way up to the surgery, so Chase will be inheriting some brand-new boxes of solution and saline.

I'll be looking forward to seeing these bromeliads again -- without glasses or contacts.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 indoors at about 10:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment