Tuesday, February 2, 2010

303/365 A little color in the kitchen

Isn't it great how the little things can really tie things together?

I painted the yellow and red chairs in October, but their seats have been bare for the last four months. And the white chair in the middle has been sporting a cushion of pastel pink and gray that's nearly as old as I am and didn't really go with my kitchen.

Enter:  Mom the Amazing.

We found inspiration in these fun cushions I spotted on Apartment Therapy. I liked the patchwork look but didn't want my own to be quite as lofty. Because the tops were pieced together, we were able to raid Mom's fabric stash and use up scraps -- and that's always a positive thing, because it makes room for new stuff.

We got foam from Jo-Ann's, added thick black rickrack along the edges, and created ties from old shopping bag handles.

And voila! Custom, unique chair pads that completely go with my kitchen and tie the three chairs together.

They make both my eyes and my derriere happy.

Camera: Canon 40D with 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 500

No comments:

Post a Comment