Friday, February 12, 2010

315/365 Postcard-perfect

Ah, snow.

We've received quite a bit of it in the last week, though not nearly the blizzard dumped on the east coast. Ours amounted to a more manageable 5-8 inches or so.

And boy, was it beautiful.

The first round, which hit last Friday, was the wet, heavy snow that sticks to everything. Each tree limb, each rooftop, and of course, each road surface, ended up coated with it. It started while I was at work, so for this photo, I went to a west window that faces the woods.

It was so entrancing that I really had to tear myself away from the window after a while.

After that I slowly made my way home for the weekend.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4.5 at ISO 200 at about 4:45 p.m., through a window facing west.

No comments:

Post a Comment