Monday, May 26, 2008

73/365 Happy Memorial Day

Some people may have spent their Memorial Days grilling, having picnics (in other geographies, since it rained nearly all day here), going to see Indiana Jones, driving home from the Indy 500... but what did I do?

Baked chocolate chip cookies!

Plain old, original, run-of-the-mill chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. Call me simple or boring, but when faced with piles of fancy cookies with oodles of icing or complex ingredients, I have no trouble saying, "No, thanks."

Sugar cookies? Nope.
Macaroons? Ew.
White chocolate macadamia nut? Not even remotely tempting.

But wave a warm, gooey, home-made, no-surprises chocolate chip cookie under my nose, and all my good intentions go out the window.

So it doesn't take much arm-twisting to get me to bake some. And I follow the original recipe from the back of the Nestle chocolate chip bag. Why stray?

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR 1/60s, f/4.5 at ISO 800 in natural light at approximately 2:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment