Sunday, May 4, 2008

50/365 DDML and other fun freebies

I'm a Clinique makeup devotee. I have been for years. Not only do they have excellent products, but they offer something that snags me every time they do it:

Freebies.

I love the little bags they come in, and I love seeing what new treat will pop up in the latest "free gift." And since I've been buying Clinique for years and years, I have a LOT of these little freebies still sitting, waiting for me to try them out. You can count on the old standby, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (or DDML, if you will), and at least one lipstick.

All of these pictured lipsticks actually belong to my mom. Can you tell which color she's actually worn?
Mom and I were actually in Sephora one time, daring to investigate other moisturizers besides DDML. A couple of sales girls snagged us "just browsing" and suffering from sticker shock, and when they asked Mom what moisturizer she uses, I swear it was like we had stepped into one particular episode of Sex and the City.

Remember the one with the Face Girl?


It happens at about 2:10 in this clip. See that face? That's what these sales girls did to us when they said, "Oooh. DDML," and shook their heads like we were Carrie Bradshaw.

We walked out, turning down their $75 bottles of "the good stuff" and still laugh about it every time we get our new Clinique freebies.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR with macro lens. 1/30s, f/2.8 at ISO 400 in natural light at about 7:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment