Saturday, May 3, 2008

49/365 Crab apple tree

On Friday I actually had enough time to get outside and photograph this crab apple tree before I went to work. It, like the redbuds, is gorgeous right now. For the longest time it only had its green leaves and tiny red buds, but the buds burst open overnight one day this week and are beautiful.

I get up at the same time every day for work, no matter the season -- but in the spring and summer, I always have more time to get ready. I think the main reason is because in the spring and summer, you have fewer items of clothing to put on. My office is fairly casual, so my standard spring/summer outfit is a skirt, top, and sandals. But in the winter, I have to worry about hose or socks, long johns, a top, a sweater, coat, scarf, gloves, boots and extra shoes if it's snowing or icy... so I end up with 5-10 minutes less time and am hurrying out the door.

The reasonable thing to do would be to get up 5-10 minutes earlier to compensate for it. Do I? No way! Instead I just pine for these days when I can just slide on sandals and go -- and have enough time to step outside for a quick photo, too.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR, 1/60s, f/4.5 at ISO 400 in natural light under overcast skies at 7:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment