Tuesday, May 20, 2008

67/365 Sky high

Gas prices, gas prices, gas prices. You can't turn on the TV, open the newspaper or surf the Internet without running across the discussion.

So I thought it would be timely if I were to include at least one photo on the subject here. Hopefully I'll look back a year from now and be able to say, "Wow, I can't believe how high those prices were! It's so great to have them back down to $1.50/gallon."

Yeah, right.

Well, a girl can dream.

The prices aren't hitting me as hard as they're hitting my pickup truck-driving friends and family. My brother, for instance, drives a full-size Ford pickup that has TWO fuel tanks that together carry about 45 gallons of diesel. So take the price on the sign in the picture... multiply that by 45... and figure in a broke college student's budget, and see how that makes the pit of your stomach feel. Yikes!

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 in natural light at approximately 5:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment