Saturday, May 3, 2008

48/365 One of my least favorite chores

Hand-washing dishes is one activity that I have never enjoyed. When I buy new containers, water bottles, anything, the first thing I look for are those two glorious words: "dishwasher safe." And the one thing I dislike more than hand-washing dishes at home is hand-washing dishes at work. I make my lunch self-contained and take it in containers that I can eat right out of and take home (to be put in the dishwasher, of course).

It falls right up there at the top of the list with ironing and scrubbing the tub on my Least Favorite Chores list. I don't know why exactly I don't like it... maybe because I never feel like I can get it as clean as the dishwasher can, and that gives me the heebie-geebies.

What's on my Favorite Chores list? Laundry. I do everyone's each Sunday. I like sorting it beforehand into piles by color and type. I love having enough clothes to do a full load and not have to set them aside to wait until later in the week. And I like getting ALL of it done in one day.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR 1/60s, f/4 at ISO 800 under a single fluorescent light.

No comments:

Post a Comment