Friday, May 9, 2008

56/365 The joy of a hula hoop

When I was a kid I had a pink hula hoop that had a ball inside, so when you hulaed it made noise. I was a pro at working the hoop up to my neck, down to my waist, around my knees, but I never did get the hang of doing it Skip-It style.

A friend of mine at work has been belly dancing for years, and she uses hula hoops at practice. She had two in her car today and brought them into work. And who was the first to get conned into trying it?

The CEO.

So of course I had to take his picture.

Aside from being a really entertaining distraction, I had more fun after this picture was taken when everyone dispersed again. Our analyst is a young woman who moved here from India about two years ago, and she'd never seen a hula hoop before. So a couple of us taught her to do it -- and she was a complete natural! She picked it up on her first or second try. I was really impressed because a lot of people never can get the hang of it.

The joy on her face was priceless and made my day.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000

No comments:

Post a Comment