Sunday, January 18, 2009

302/365 Gaze into the Magic 8-Ball

My Magic 8-Ball seems to be losing its magic blue fluid. That's a bummer, but it was admittedly interesting to see the true shape of the magic answer die inside.

According to Wikipedia, the Magic 8-Ball was invented over 60 years ago, in 1946. It never ceases to amaze me when I look up the history of toys that I've known for years and years, only to find that they've been around for generations.

What toys being invented now will have such lasting impact?

I know you're curious about the question I asked the Ball to get this negative answer. Unfortunately, it was "Will spring come early this year?"

I guess we'll have to wait until February to see what the groundhog says and hope the Magic 8-Ball is wrong.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 400. Blue cast created with extreme white balance shift in-camera, 2500K.

No comments:

Post a Comment