Monday, January 12, 2009

297/365 Qwerty

Imagine being the guy who decided to rearrange the letters on a keyboard from an alphabetical arrangement to the current QWERTY layout.

I bet he got teased endlessly by people who thought he was off his rocker.

I checked out the history of the modern QWERTY keyboard on Wikipedia, and its invention dates back all the way to 1874 with the creation of the first typewriter. I didn't realize it had been around for so long.

Its layout is ingrained in our brains now, so much so that I find it hard to text message on a phone that has its keys arranged in alphabetical order.

Part of this could very well be due to the fact that I have a rather old phone and it takes forever to text message on it, but I insist it's partially the un-Qwerty-ness!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/125s, f/5.6 at ISO 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment