Sunday, January 4, 2009

289/365 Hard boiled

Hard-boiled eggs, along with yogurt and hummus, are life savers for me.

Why? I constantly struggle to get enough protein for one big reason: I'm not much of a meat-eater. Steak, lamb chops, tenderloins, hamburgers... none of these make my mouth water even the slightest. No thanks.

The most difficult meal of the day is breakfast. When I get up at 5:30, and don't eat lunch until noon, protein is an absolute must if I'm not going to pass out from starvation by 10:00.

So I'm always trying to find a breakfast that has enough protein to get me through the morning, while being healthy enough to not worry about the downsides.

Solution? Hard-boiled eggs. Whites only.

Yum.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment