Saturday, January 3, 2009

287/365 First in line for dinner

Before dinner last night (for both humans and four-legged friends), I walked out to the field to the horses to get my daily photo.

Dad was a couple minutes behind me to get outside, so I was able to get halfway into the field before he reached the barn. The horses were lazily grazing as usual, but when Oprah and Destiny saw Dad, they immediately perked up.

Oprah was the first to head in. She saw me, gave me a parting glance, then gradually sped from a walk to a trot to a fast lope all the way to the barn, anxious to get to her evening grain.

As she sped by me, I held my finger on the trigger of my camera and panned with her movement, which gives the great sense of speed in the blurred background. I love how her mane is flying behind her.

Destiny took her approach more slowly, actually stopping to greet me before she made her way to the barn, and Shep always waits until the last possible second to amble in.

Leave it to Oprah to be the first in line for dinner.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/8 at ISO 250 at about 5:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment