Thursday, July 22, 2010

65/365 Sci-fi sightings at Symphony on the Prairie

Yes, Luke, that is your father, and he was sighted in Indianapolis this past weekend at Symphony on the Prairie.

After having missed attending Symphony on the Prairie for too many past years, I've now gone twice this month, and I've loved it! This past weekend, I went with a group of friends for the Sci-Fi Spectacular performance. As a fan of action, adventure, and sci-fi movies, this was right up my alley. The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra played songs from the scores of Star Wars, Star Trek, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the Day the Earth Stood Still, E.T. and Up, among others. (How Up fits in there, I'm not quite sure, but it was still enjoyable.)

Darth Vader himself made a couple appearances, and George Takei -- Sulu from the original Star Trek -- was a guest narrator.

It made me want to watch all of these movies again! And it made me go to IMDB to see when the next Star Trek movie is coming out, because I loved the last one. (The answer is 2012.)

The crowd wasn't nearly as large for this show as it was for the July 4th spectacular, so my seats were much closer to the amphitheater and the view unobstructed by trees.

I'm sure you'll be seeing even more photos of Symphony on the Prairie, because I'm planning to go yet again this coming weekend. What a great way to spend a summer evening in Indianapolis!

Camera: Canon 40D with 70-300mm IS lens
1/250s, f/5.6 at ISO 100 at about 8:30 p.m.
1/125s, f/5 at ISO 200 at about 9:00 p.m.
1/60s, f/3.5 at ISO 640 at about 9:15 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment