Tuesday, July 6, 2010

56/365 Masked horses

With the fly season that comes with summer heat, the my family's horses have been sporting fly masks each day while they're outside.

They make me think of masked bandits when they're wearing fly masks, because you can't see their eyes through the mesh. And anytime you can't see someone's eyes, I think it always adds a sense of suspicion or mystery (good or bad).

Masks on people creep me out, and that includes sports team mascots, people dressed up as the Easter bunny, and Halloween in general. Mascots are particularly creepy because they're expected to be in your face, joking around, sneaking up on you... and you can't see who's under the costume. Eek. I've known a couple people who were my various alma maters' mascots, and it still didn't help.

Luckily I don't have to watch out for a rogue masked horse sneaking up on me at a basketball game. So this sight doesn't give me the creeps.

Camera: Canon 40D with 70-300mm IS lens, 1/500s, f/5.6 at ISO 100 at about 7:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment