Thursday, July 15, 2010

61/365 Sunset over the reservoir

If you're a sailing fanatic, Indiana generally isn't the best place for you to be. We have plentiful land, but we fall short on water. For those who want just a taste of sailing, or those who are desperate for a fix, there's Eagle Creek Reservoir in Indianapolis. It even sports a sailing club.

In my case, I've never been sailing (but would like to), so Eagle Creek is just a nice reservoir to have nearby. Located right on the water is Rick's Cafe Boatyard, a restaurant whose outdoor deck overlooking the water gets a lot of traffic in the summer time. I had several girlfriends in town recently, and we met for dinner there to catch up.

One of these days, I'll actually have to get out on the water instead of just gazing at it longingly as I sweat on the deck!

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment