Saturday, February 28, 2009

342/365 Welcoming baby

On Thursday evening, I went to my first work-related outside-work social gathering, which happened to be a baby shower.

As baby showers go, it was very low-key and relaxed, just a dinner for the women of the office. We ate at Bravo, an Italian restaurant with a couple locations around Indianapolis.

I enjoyed getting to hang out with these women outside of work. I feel like it's taking me a while to really start making some friends (not that everyone hasn't been wonderfully friendly), so this was a great opportunity to get to know them better.

I took my camera (of course!), but really struggled with getting the kind of photos I wanted. The reason? It was unbelievably dark in the room. And I don't use flash with people if I can help it.

Those two things equal difficulty.

This photo was taken with a very high ISO and no flash. When I got some photos of the mother-to-be, I used flash just to ensure she'd have some that turned out okay.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/50s, f/3.5 at ISO 1600

No comments:

Post a Comment