Monday, February 2, 2009

317/365 Scholarship season

I'm on a scholarship selection committee this year, so over the weekend I read 25 bright and shining applications for this monstrous scholarship.

Two things were constantly in my mind as I read these applications:
1. Holy cow, these kids are amazing, and
2. Holy cow, these kids have way too much going on! When do they sleep?

It makes me feel positive about the future when I read about these future engineers, doctors, nurses, teachers, pharmacists, lawyers...

We'll be in good hands. If they can get 4.0+ GPAs, manage 200+ hours of community service, part-time jobs, athletics, and other activities, then there's no way they won't be amazing adults.

Look out, world.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment