Monday, February 7, 2011

146/365 Tired: make me sleepy

On nights when my brain is still too active to quickly fall asleep, I find that reading for just a few minutes helps me to totally relax and fall asleep faster. It usually just takes a page or two before my eyelids are getting heavy and I'm ready to call it a night.

For this reason, I know I can't be one of those people who reads in bed and can actually make serious progress on a book. It would take me half a year to finish a book if I only read at that time! These days, I do most of my reading at meals -- breakfast, lunch and dinner. It seems like I don't give myself much opportunity at other times of the day anymore to just sit, relax, and enjoy reading.

When the weather warms up and Mom and Dad's screened porch is open for business again, I hope that will be an entirely different story!

What about you -- what's your favorite place to read?

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 1250

No comments:

Post a Comment