Thursday, February 3, 2011

143/365 Breakfast: snack to follow it

We made it through the ice storm much more easily than predicted (thank goodness), and I didn't need to tap into any of my gallons of water I'd prepared. So, let's finish up this breakfast theme so we can move to something new!

I give myself a lot of time to wake up, eat breakfast, clean up and get dressed, finish gathering my lunch items, and get out the door for work every morning. I could do it faster, but I like the more laid-back pace of the morning; when I wake up and have to start rushing, I feel like it gets my day started on the wrong note.

Since I do get up so early (before 6:00 a.m.), that means lunch at noon is a long time away. Even with a good-sized breakfast with plenty of protein and fiber content, I'm hungry by 10:00. And trying to concentrate with a growling stomach for another two hours is torture. Pure agony.

Enter: the mid-morning snack.

I take an orange, an apple, a banana -- whatever fresh fruit I have on hand -- with me to work every day to curb that starvation and hold me over until lunch. It makes a huge difference (and it doesn't take much convincing to get me to eat fruit...yum!). Citrus is plentiful right now, so my desk has been seeing many oranges recently.

What's your favorite mid-morning snack?

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/60s, f/4.5 at ISO 1000 under fluorescent lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment