Sunday, February 6, 2011

145/365 Tired: bedtime

Do you remember the day when your opinion of bedtime changed from a child's "I'm not tired! I don't want to go to bed!" to an adult's "God, I'm tired, when is it time to go to bed?" I don't remember that subconscious switch being flipped for me, but I'm sure it happened somewhere along the line!

As much as I would love to get eight hours of sleep every night, I can never seem to get to bed before 10:15 or 10:30 every night. I'm always busy doing something around the house, doing something online, doing something that I don't stop doing until 10:00.

At the end of last year, my office offered all of us the opportunity to try flex time. The caveat was that we had to choose our schedule by a certain date and then stick with it for the next year. The options for Tuesday through Friday were 7-4, 8-5, or 9-6. Starting work an hour later didn't appeal to me in the least. Starting earlier and heading home an hour earlier was more tempting. But honestly, the reason I chose to stick with the standard 8-5 schedule all week was sleep: I knew it was very unlikely that I'd be able to get to bed early enough (by 9:30) to be able to get up an hour earlier.

So 10:30 it is. Bedtime as usual.


Camera: Canon 40D, 1/20s, f/4 at ISO 1600

No comments:

Post a Comment