Wednesday, September 22, 2010

98/365 A beautiful sunset

I can't help it, I love a good sunset. (Just see all the posts tagged with "sunset" for hard evidence.)

I love that every single one is different, and I love that they change by the minute. Getting a great photo means hitting that timing just right, and I love that challenge.

And while some photographers may thumb their noses at sunsets, saying they're cliche and expected, I don't subscribe to that line of thinking. Sunsets are common photograph subjects simply because people love them. How can you not -- at least occasionally -- stop and be momentarily awed by the beauty of a red, orange, yellow, blue, and purple sky?

So, to all the elitist photographers out there -- by all means, don't photograph sunsets. Just send them to me, and I'll gladly take the sunset for you.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 320 at about 8:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment