Friday, September 10, 2010

93/365 Friday night Indians game

Indianapolis may not have a major-league baseball team, but having a minor-league team in town is a nice trade!

The Indianapolis Indians are a Triple-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates, and the stadium, Victory Field, is right in downtown Indianapolis within walking distance of the Colts' Lucas Oil Stadium.

I generally make it to an Indians game about once every couple of years. (I'm not a very consistent fan, am I?) When I do make it, I'm reminded of my days playing little-league softball as a kid. At that time, we went to at least one game a year as a special outing with our families, and my mitt still bears the faded signatures of some of the Indians' players.

The team now follows most Friday-night games with a fireworks display. Last Friday, I went with a couple girlfriends, but though our intentions were to see the fireworks, we left before the game was over. It was an unusually chilly night with a strong wind that had us wishing we'd dressed a little warmer. (Call us weenies, go ahead.) When 10:00 rolled around and there were two innings still left to be played, we called it a night.

Man, I'm getting old!

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4.5 at ISO 400 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment