Saturday, September 11, 2010

94/365 Antique tractors on parade

Labor Day weekend wouldn't feel complete without Old Fashioned Days, my hometown's annual festival.

One of the features of the weekend is the county's largest parade, and it earns that distinction largely because of the sheer volume of antique tractors that make an appearance. You'd be hard-pressed to see more tractors in one place anywhere else. 

Chase drove a tractor in the parade this year, so Mom and I went early to get a good seat and embarrass him by taking lots of photos.

Antique tractors have a very distinctive sound, and as I sat listening to their rhythm as they drove past, I realized that the sound is one that I've really grown to enjoy. I wouldn't necessarily call it exciting, but it definitely evokes a lot of fond, familiar memories for me. It's a sound that I associate with the end of summer and the beginning of fall -- Labor Day weekend itself.

Now I'm ready for apple cider and pumpkins!

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/640s, f/4 at ISO 100 at about 11:45 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment