Thursday, September 2, 2010

90/365 They don't make bridges like they used to

This is the second time I've tried photographing this bridge. It crosses a creek on a fairly isolated road that doesn't get much traffic, so I should be able to take my time in photographing it. I like its age and intricacy. It's so much more interesting than most of the bridges that are constructed now.

Why did I essentially fail the first time? Dogs. Big, running, barking dogs that came barreling at the car from a nearby house. The kind of dogs that are really intimidating and you don't know how their bite actually relates to their bark.

So the way I photographed it this time? From the safety of the car, standing up through the open sunroof.

Gotta love a sunroof!


Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/5.6 at ISO 100 at about 3:00 p.m. under clear skies

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I like it, too! I like how it puts the focus on the detail of the bridge, which is interesting.

    ReplyDelete