Thursday, July 31, 2008

138/365 Ordinary household items

I like trying to make interesting photos of objects that you wouldn't normally think of as the subject of a photograph. It hopefully gives a little surprise to the viewer of the photo, and it also helps me try to think outside the box.

I'm trying to be more conscious of that right now -- expanding my thinking of what I would normally see as a photo.

This is one such instance. I looked at this tub faucet and considered ways I could make it artistic and interesting, because it could very easily be incredibly dull and ordinary. One way I tried, and this is the result, involved setting the shutter speed longer to intentionally throw it out of focus as I hand-held the camera.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/5s, f/2.8 at ISO 100 in natural light at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment